Dr Kieran O’Sullivan is back on the Physio Edge podcast after talking previously about hamstring injuries, this time discussing his other big area of interest and expertise – chronic low back pain (CLBP). In this episode, Kieran and David Pope discuss
- Recent research on chronic low back pain
- Central vs peripheral contributions to CLBP
- Sitting postures and behaviours, and the relationship of this to pain
- Is there an ideal sitting posture, and does changing sitting behaviour change CLBP?
- Manual therapy in CLBP
- Lumbar kyhposis/lordosis
- Physical and psychological interventions for CLBP
- The effect of exercise on CLBP
- Movement patterns and retraining in chronic pain states
- The challenges of talking to patients about chronic pain states
Enjoy this episode, brought to you by the podcast sponsor, Clinical Edge, and their fantastic face to face and online education. Get 20% off your first months Clinical Edge membership with the code “PHYSIOEDGE”.
Links of Interest
Tags: physiotherapy, low back pain, chronic, chronic low back pain, sitting, posture, movement, research, podcast, injuries, rehabilitation, physio edge, Kieran O’Sullivan, clinical edge