Dry Needling has become incredibly popular in Physiotherapy recently. Is dry needling really the way forward for Physios?
In this podcast I chat with Andrew Hutton of Dry Needling Plus, presenter of the Dry Needling Plus courses for Clinical Edge, and we discuss dry needling and whether it complements regular Physio treatment. Some of the topics we cover include
- What are the different styles of dry needling?
- How can dry needling be used in sporting populations?
- How to know immediately if your needling has been effective
- What is the evidence for dry needling
- Studies show decreased ROM with needling, is it possible to improve ROM with dry needling
- How does changing ROM actually relate to a patient’s pain?
- Some clinical scenarios where dry needling could be incorporated
Dry needling in the lower limb
Links of interest
Next time on the Physio Edge Podcast: Golf Injuries and Performance
Tags: Dry Needling, dry needling plus, dry needling course, dry needling course physiotherapist, needling, acupuncture, Clinical Edge, IMS, trigger point needling, trigger point, physio edge, physio edge podcast